Rotary Feeder Rebuilding
Precision’s customers are sometimes surprised to learn that we have an active business rebuilding rotary feeders. In fact, we’ve been rebuilding feeders for 20+ years and many of our customers find a feeder rebuild to be an economical alternative to purchasing a new feeder.
- In most cases, customers send their feeders to us for evaluation but our sales team can issue a “standard rebuild” budgetary quote sight unseen.
- The process starts with the complete disassembly and inspection of the feeder. We document its condition in photos and measurements.
- A detailed report is prepared and sent to you with a quotation for the rebuilding.
There is no charge for the evaluation process
- A thorough sandblasting of all components
- The feeder barrel is bored to a “clean-up” diameter that leaves a smooth, sound barrel and removes any remaining chrome plating
- The barrel is then re-plated with industrial hard chrome
- While the barrel is being reconditioned, the rotor undergoes a process called “ringing and vaning”
- The rotor vanes and rotor ends are cut back 3-6” from the OD
- Laser-cut, replacement steel is welded in place to bring the OD back to an oversized dimension
- After the barrel is re-plated, the new barrel diameter is carefully measured and the rebuilt rotor is machined to restore the factory clearance for the size of feeder and the operating temperature.
- The feeder is reassembled with refurbished end bells, new bearings, new brass seals, new knives, painted, and test-run
Finally, the feeder is reassembled with refurbished end bells, new bearings, new brass end-seals, and new knives.
FOR SALE: Factory-Rebuilt Rotary Feeders